I’m Altesa, (pronounced with a long e), and I am glad you found this space I call Simple With a Twist.
It’s the best way to describe me, my style and taste– A bit conservative with an unpredictable edge.
A quiet standout.
This paradox is what makes this blog fun to write and hopefully fun for you to view.
I am always on the hunt for creative ways to stay connected to God through my interests and passions. This blog space allows me to do that while sharing my experiences in such areas like homeschooling (5 REASONS WHY I AM DIGGING THIS HOMESCHOOL LIFE), DIY (FARMHOUSE DREAMS ON AN APARTMENT BUDGET), photography (SEEING YOURSELF), event and gift ideas and perhaps my intermittent exploits as an actor, writer and filmmaker (THE CLOSET ACTRESS)
May this space inspire you to start, celebrate or continue with a life of connecting to God, His purpose and creativity through your gifts and talents, interests and passions.
BELOW is one of those Get To Know Me cheat sheet list (subject to change)…. after which reading you move from perfect stranger right into friend status.
1. I have food crushes. I will obsessively eat something I like everyday until it makes me sick or just doesn’t taste the same anymore. Right now my food crush is:
Trader Joe’s 5 layer salsa dip with tortilla chips. TJ’s Pumpkin Ice Cream with TJ almonds. TJ”s Kale, Sweet Potato, Butternut Squash Pizza.
2. Every time I visit my home town in New Jersey, I have to eat an Italian Cheeseburger, White Castle and curry rice w/ chicken from Sammy’s Noodle in NYC. And Yes. I love to eat. The messier the food, the better.
3. The Fall is my fave time of year… colors, clothes, accessories, crisp air, early nights. Love. Love.
4. Of course, I nominate Thanksgiving to win Best Holiday Award!
5. The sound and smell of rain has a happy effect on me.
6. Loved that it rain-stormed the entire weekend I got married.
7. I love Jesus and the bible is the single most inspirational and influential book in my life.
8. I gain extraordinary powers when people place limitations on me.
9. My life and work are fueled by being creative with a purpose. It gives me the most pain and pleasure. In fact, it’s in the trenches of the creative process that I feel the closest to God.(Go Figure)
10. Anything I put my hands to do come with a LOT of brain work no matter how small the thing.
11. I consider myself a socially private person. (if that makes sense to you, then you probably are too)
12. Although I hate the debt that came with it, I would go to grad school for acting all over again. I love acting, studying and performing, playing and collaborating, the process and the art form. (my heart flutters as I type) Combine that with a story and or part that is well written and redemptive— FULLNESS OF JOY!
13. I am a “thrifter” which means I prefer thrift stores, flea markets, garage sales and bargain stores over a mall any day.
14. I love to see how people live and decorate their homes and will look into someone’s curtain-less or open window to get my fill.
15. I love decorating magazines and blogs which allows me to look inside people’s homes without any legal ramifications.
16. I prefer meaningful conversations over small talk.
17. Had a lovely childhood growing up in Newark, NJ–summer camps, playing outside, sleepovers, card games, crushes, track and cheerleading teams, sitting on the porch, hide and go seek, catching lightning bugs, etc.
18. Not good at on the spot arguing or debating unless I can go home and write my thoughts out first, then I will have a fighting chance.
19. My laugh is pretty loud and it will either annoy you or make you want to know what’s so funny so that you can join in.
Feel free to share something from your own cheat sheet list. It will be nice to see if we have anything in common.
Join the fun on Instagram @that_homeschool_life